It’s almost the most wonderful time of the year again…the holidays! Any one else already feeling the busyness of it all? I feel like this month is the busiest I have been in forever. One thing on my priority list though is taking a picture of my girls to send out with a Christmas card.
|Miss E’s outfit: shirt, skirt, leggings, shoes, and hat are all courtesy of OshKosh. Miss J’s Oufit: Shirt is c/o OshKosh.|
Yup. That’s right. Holiday picture taking is right around the corner! And so that means thinking about what outfits to wear too. Create picture perfect looks for your family photos with OshKosh B’gosh adorable skirts, cable-knit vests, sweaters, dresses and more. When you’re searching for what to dress your kids in this season, the OshKosh B’gosh Holiday Shop is your destination for every occasion.
OshKosh B’gosh has everything you need for a “B’gosh Believes” holiday! Fun tees, cute corduroys and adorable dress-up outfits are perfect for holiday photos and family occasions. They make it easy with outfits already all put together for you as well if picking out outfits is hard for you to do. And OshKosh clothes are nice to use because they are more than one time outfits, you know what I mean?
You can snap the perfect family photos with comfortable pieces your kids will love to wear every day.
Here are some ideas of what OshKosh has going on right now to help with baby winter clothes and kids winter clothes for holiday picture outfits.
-Embellished tees are perfect for playtime and all-day wear. Sequins, bling and bows make these tees super stylish!
-OshKosh B’gosh has darling dresses that are soft and easy-to wear. Pair them with a cardigan to keep her cozy and complete her spot on look.
-Dress up her outfits with sparkly ballet flats with comfortable tights.
-Let her make a statement with OshKosh B’gosh bangles, ribbon necklaces and headbands galore.
-Button-front plaid shirts are perfect for all occasions! Pair them with corduroys, khakis or jeans for an easy outfit.
-He’ll have fans all over the neighborhood after he carols in the handsome combo of fleece-lined jeans and a denim shirt.
-A cable knit sweater vest is perfect for dressing up his holiday outfits. He’ll look picture perfect.
I also wanted to share a few quick tips about taking pictures of your child that I have learned that might make the task easier.
1. Pick a location they are comfortable at.
For my girls this usually means our home. It’s easier on us all and if they are crazy no one else can see We took these pics in our backyard. You could even get fancy with a fun setup!
2. Let them have something in their hands (toy, treat, prop). This is especially good for toddlers. I know it helps my little one stay focused for a bit so I can take some pictures when she isn’t in the mood for them.
3. Have a helper to get their attention. You can see how my girls were looking off to the side in some pictures because daddy was being silly. Nothing like a silly parent to get kids attention.
4. Ask them to dance. Miss E was really not into these pics, or any pictures as of late recently. So we put them on the bench and started to get them dancing. She really likes to wiggle, so we focused on that.
5. Get them to look at the camera with questions. If the children are a bit older and you are having a hard time getting them to look at the camera (and desire them too), try asking them about things that will make them look at you. Such as “What color is my camera?” and then be silly about how you think it’s really yellow or something.
Of course, every child is different, but it’s worth exhausting all options if you are having a hard time with pictures. You never know what might work. Oh, and one more thing. Looking at ads can help give you a picture idea! Here are a few inspiration pics from OshKosh.
Now for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to OshKosh B’gosh! It might help you get holiday outfits, presents, or bless someone else with it. Please note that this giveaway is for US residents only and one winner will be chosen at random on November 20, 2013 and will be announced on that day in a blog post. Please make sure to leave a way to be contacted so if you win I can notify you. Feel free to leave your email in ways like this: youremailaddress at yourmail (dot) com.
(please leave a separate comment saying you like and/or follow
for each to be counted for multiple entries)
Don’t forget to “Like” OshKosh B’gosh on Facebook, follow @OshKoshBgosh on Twitter and on Pinterest for outfitting ideas, vintage ads, deals and special events! Shop online or find the store nearest you here.