I didn’t glue them on the necklace. I put them on pins, so I could use them for other things too. Like this shirt:
So to make it this way, Brittany’s tute. I did the biggest middle flower with a 4.5” square. The next two with 4” squares, the next two with 3.5” ones, and the last two with 3” squares. Then I added the pin back like she does. Then follow the steps 7-9 to make the ribbon necklace.
1 flower lei
7 beads to coordinate
30 inch length matching ribbon
Thread and Needle
1. Cute lei and separate flowers
2. Fold the flower in halp, then fold that in half. Glue or sew this fold in place.
Do this for 6 petals to create one flower. You will need one that is unfolded for the top.
3. Glue 6 petals together to make the full flower. Start with two right across from each other.
Glue the last full petal to the middle
4. Glue a small piece of felt to the back
5. Glue a bead on in the middle. I also glued some petals to the bead to make it look fuller.
6. Make six more flowers this way, but trim the petals a little smaller for the next two, even more for the next two, and even more for the final two. The lei I used actually had two types of flowers, so I used the tiny ones on the last four.
7. Take the 30 inch long piece of ribbon and fold in half. Then lay the middle flat and put the ends of the ribbon up to create a square with the top open.
8. Add the necklace clasp on according to its instructions. You could also just fold the ends of the ribbon nicely and glue them together if you would like.
9. Glue or pin on the flowers. Place the biggest in the bottom middle. Then the next 2 biggest on either side of it. Then the next 2 biggest next to those, and finish with the smallest ones.