I set myself a goal that this year I would share a very easy sewing diy once a month. I have a list of all kinds of things, but if there is something you would like to see leave me a comment and let me know For this month, I am sharing a very easy Bow Pillow DIY. I saw one in Target the other day and thought it was cute and wanted to replicate it. It uses very little fabric and it only took me fifteen minutes to make (and that includes me taking the pictures!).
- One fabric fat quarter (18″ x 22″)
- One piece of fabric that equals 4.5″ x 20″
- Sewing machine/thread/etc
Notes: *I used all 1/4′ seams when sewing. *Remember to back stitch.
2. Sew around all open edges except leaving a few inches open in the center of the long side. Turn pillow right side out and iron. Then fill it with the amount of stuffing desired. The more you put in, the firmer the pillow will be.
3. Turn in side edges at the opening and sew closed. You can use a sewing machine to do this and if you do I suggest adjusting your needle to be as far to the left as possible so you can squeeze the edges under there enough to sew. Another option is to hand sew it shut.
8. Finish by sliding fabric sleeve to middle of pillow. You can tack it in place by hand sewing it on the back if you like.
I bet you could do this in boy fabrics and make it look like a bow tie pillow as well. I also think this would be a great project to do with a child (or adult) learning to sew since it’s simple and sews up quickly. Share your bow pillow diy creation with us if you create one