Guess what? I’m almost done with all the wedding pics! After going through hundreds of them, it feels good to be on the last few left to edit. So you know there will be wedding sharing coming up…let’s begin with the flower girl dresses I made.
Miss J and another lovely little girl were the flower girls. My sister-in-law asked me to make dresses and of course I wanted to and said yes. In fact, miss J has been a flower girl four times and I have either made or greatly altered each dress. What a fun memory!
I was sent some dresses that the bride liked and went to town. I used Butterick 3351 for the dress base. I did change it so the straps would tie in the back though, because I wasn’t going to be able to have the other little girl try it on prior to the wedding (we had to go to Virginia for the festivities).
I also made the side front edges a bit more curved. I made rosettes from ribbon and added some white leaves from the craft store to them. I put a dab of glue over the wire on the back of them to make them not sharp. In hindsight, I should have just ripped the wires off, but by the time I had my “duh” moment, I was getting close to being done with hand sewing them on the dresses.
I added a yellow ribbon with a rosette flower ribbon/leaf for the waist. It matched the bridesmaids dresses perfectly! It’s fun to do a project that I don’t normally do often. Miss J had a bunch of fun and they were beautiful flower girls.