If you can’t tell, I had tried to get this done before Christmas, hence the Christmasy colors. Better late than never though!
These are really simple to do and are really cute. You could use them for other things besides hair clips as well.
I like using them to hold her bangs back.
And they are also cute clipped onto a headband for baby!
1. To begin, you will need to gather a few supplies. You will need scrap fabric, coordinating felt, sewable iron on adhesive, scissors, thread/needle, hair clip, and hot glue gun.
2. Choose a bow silhouette you would like to use. The ones I used are from the Silhouette online store that is available to those who own one. You can also do an internet search for “bow silhouette” and have images come up you can use. Of course, you could always draw one yourself as well.
2/3. Trace the silhouette onto the iron on adhesive. Make sure you trace on the side that is smooth.
4. Iron on tracing to the back of your fabric choice according to adhesives directions.
5. After it has cooled down, cut out the bow.
6. I used manicure scissors to help with the really small places.
7. Removes the paper backing from the adhesive and place bow right side up onto felt. Iron in place according to adhesive directions.
8. Cut around bow leaving a small amount of felt.
9. Add any embroidery that you would like and then glue on a hair clip with the hot glue gun.
*I love seeing what you make! Share your creations here. Please feel free to make and sell these.*
*PS……looking for some people to offer something up for Giveaway Day if you would like to join in!*