++++See More Pictures Here++++
-A yard of fabric
-Velcro (no bigger than the ribbon you choose for the waste band
-Ribbon for the waistband (no bigger than 1.5”, but you also don’t want it really small either)
-For ribbon: Waist measurement + 3 inches; heat seal the ends or dab in glue to keep from fraying
-For Velcro: 2 inches
-For Fabric: Piece one is a rectangle that is
Waist measurement + (1/2 Waist) + 12 inches by Length desired – 2 inches
Piece two is a rectangle that is
Waist measurement + (1/2 Waist) + 12 inches by Length desired
1. Hem the bottom and side seams of the two pieces of fabric
2. Place shorter piece of fabric right side up on longer piece of fabric that should also be right side up. Pin together
3. Baste across the top of the two pieces
4. Pull the thread and gather the material until it is evenly ruffled the length of the piece of ribbon you have cut
6. Sew the three layers together. I did one line down the middle, but the ribbon can flip up. You could also sew across the top and bottom of the ribbon.
7. Finish off any fabric left at the top with a zig zag stitch.