I had the opportunity to collaborate with Say It On The Wall on a few projects recently. This chalkboard tray with vinyl frame is the first I’m going to share. And guess what???? They are offering a Giveaway and Discount as well! All Happy Together readers can have a “deep discount” of 40% off their purchase right now using promo code HAPPY40! (offer valid through March 26, 2012)
This tray was something I had been thinking about for a while, so when Laura contacted me, I knew I could incorporate one of her products into it. Of course, I had my oldest daughter in mind 😉 She just LOVES to create art. I figured this would be a good thing for her on a road trip too.
It can be used in so many ways! You could use it as a serving tray and write a little note on it.
Or even use it as a magnet board since magnets will stick to the tray.
I found this set of 3 baking trays at Walmart for $5 to use. They aren’t the best cookie pans ever, but they are perfect for this kind of project. These are lighter and thin enough that if you wanted to poke holes in it for threading a rope to hang it up with, you could easily do that.
To get started you will need:
– Vinyl Frame (mine was from Say It On the Wall. She has a ton of options! Don’t forget your discount code if you buy one.)
-Cookie Pan/Baking Tray (make sure the frame will fit in it)
-Chalkboard Paint (I actually made mine using this tutorial)
1. Start by painting on your chalkboard paint. I ended up doing a second coat after the first one dried.
2. Set the paint by taking chalk and coloring all over it. Then wipe it off with a wet towel. Make sure to use an old one because some of the color might come off with the first wipe off.
3. Take your vinyl frame product and take the back off.
4. Then place the frame on the pan where you like it and press it down firmly in place.
*You might need to use a flat ended object to help get the vinyl to stick really well. I used a wooden kitchen spatula from my daughter’s play kitchen.
And PLEASE leave contact info if it isn’t on your profile so I can contact you if you win. You can alter the address like this: “jessicafediw at yahoo (dot) com” if you like or email it to me after your comment. Thanks!