An easy recipe to create 8 individual blueberry hand pies.
1. Mix the cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water.
2. Add cornstarch/water mixture, blueberries, and sugar to sauce pan. Cook on medium high until boiling. Let boil 1-2 minutes and then turn down to low for it to simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Allow blueberry mixture to cool completely and then chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4. Once chilled, place some parchment paper onto baking tray with edges. Then turn on oven to 375 degrees/F.
5. While oven is warming up, take out the two refrigerated pie crusts and lay on top of each other. Cut into halves, then into fourths, then into eighths.
6. Place 8 of the the pieces on the parchment paper. Mix one egg with one tbsp. of water. Brush egg wash onto top edges of these 8 pieces.
7. Get blueberry mixture from fridge and add one spoonful to the middle of each piece. Then place the other 8 pieces on top of these and push down the edges all around to seal in the blueberries. Use a fork to add a decorative touch to all the edges.
8. Brush egg wash on top of all 8 hand pies and sprinkle on a little bit of sugar. Place in oven to cook for around 22 minutes. *I suggest keeping an eye on them once at 15 minutes and on until they are light brown as each oven can cook differently.* Allow to cool before handling. Eat by hand or serve with ice cream and/or whipped cream. Yum!
If you desire more filling, simply double the blueberry mixture recipe to: 2 cups blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tbsp. water, and 2 tsp. cornstarch.I have found that they tend to leak more with the more filling in each one, but some might desire more blueberry/dough ratio.